No more Toxic Village

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Happy Birthday

It's Jenny's birthday and so I thought I would dedicate this post to her because she reads it and thinks that it is enjoyable because she knows me and my thought processes and how I am forgettful so I want to make sure she knows that I remembered her day and that I remember her.

oh the run-on sentences to drive an English teacher mad

but that is how/who I am.

Jenny is my friend, my wonderful friend who made my years away at university memorable. She was the girl with the best clothes in her closet, the best tunes on her computer, the best hair dying techniques, the best hair washing techniques, the best drinking at Ducky's, the best rememberer of how I like my coffee and the best cookie baker ever. She still is the girl that I would love to get dressed up and go out with and laugh at myself with. I miss her because the city is so big and the girls that I have here are so wonderful and I love them but she is the best moments of my past.

and I said to myself and aloud that this space wasn't for the step-by-step protrayal of my day and the hierarchy of my thoughts and so it won't be. I won't write here about the papers I have to write critiquing international metadata standards and how to serve multilingual multicultural youth in a public library environment. I won't write about the vacuuming and the laundry and how I firmly believe this is a day that I won't get out of my pajamas until well after the sun goes down.

Happy Birthday Jenny, cause you know my day-to-day and love me anyway.

1 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

if only I didn't have to be the past...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home