No more Toxic Village

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

putting myself down on paper


Putting myself down...

on paper.

Hmmmmm. Resumes, applications, references, proper format, education, experience, professional affiliations. It is so damn limiting to introduce people to me this way. I am three-dimensional. Yes, I am. Sigh.

But I have the afternoon, I should not be complaining. I bought myself a pretty plant with bright pink flowers at the supermarket along with wraps and soy and red peppers. I think it will cheer up my room as the plants I have in here now are here in hospitalization. I don't know if they'll make it.

And I woke up before my alarm today, 6:24am and there was no light from outside even though I keep my curtains open so I can wake up to the sun in my eyes. And outside was slippery and windy and I slid and fell on the sidewalk on the way to the subway this morning in front of an old lady going painfully slow in her fuzzy ankled zipper snow boots. Now I"ve got a bruise on my elbow and one on my hip for all to see.

I have no idea what is required of me for class in the morning. I need to hang up my coat and my scarf and my sweater that I threw off when I came again inside. And I want to go to sleep but I don't think Mona will let me cause she's sleeping on the bed, right in the middle.

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Hi dear! I started a blog here! whooo!

You poor thing, having a tumble. If it makes you feel any better, I bruised my hips and butt the other day. I was moving furniture around for a change, and back into the corner of Matt's desk three times. You would not believe the purple/pink/yellow/black/green welts they left! My poor butt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home