No more Toxic Village

Sunday, March 26, 2006

The earth, The water, The roots

Last night Anna Banana, Lukey and I all went to a journal launch called "Origins" and it was amazingly wonderful with spoken word and singing, samosas and chai and a really wonderful feeling of other people exploring where they came from and who they are and what has shaped them. And of course it made me think about me and my roots all over the place.

My cousin Gary did some research on my dad's side of the family ancestory and of course there are holes in it and branches that end and then branch out again. Just knowing the names, let alone the stories behind them make me feel all mosaic.

And of course Lukey is here, and so I am thinking about all the things that make him up and the little town where he's from and how different being an American can be. And what kind of a mixture, a colour he and I make.

But really this whole thing, this whole experience and the sun shining and me all in black listening to Luke breathing makes me want to sing/shout/yell/prophesize/play/remember who I am and who I will become and who will be born out of me and my leaves.

1 Comments:

At 4:15 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

That is really sweet....thinking about a mixture. I often think about that too (with Matty of course).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home