No more Toxic Village

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Unique Identifiers

I've been encoding EAD (encoded archival description- isn't that fancy?) and putting numbers to letters to letters to words and speaking like a computer screen how will it look on the computer screen and now I need to look up MARC headings and all that stuff and then more numbers and letters to words.

ah metaphors
double metaphors
a metaphor for a metaphor
that is what math is

all the mathematicians are going to give me dirty looks

and it is all about unique identifiers, a symbol/number/string of letters and numbers/code to link something to something else. giving something a nickname, a sketch of them and the uniqueness of them, a fingerprint

what is my identifier? my face/my name/ my eyes/my hair/my voice a combination of physicality and personality when you strip away the layers what you have left, the layers themselves the lack of layers?

a metaphor for metaphor's sake is still valid

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home