No more Toxic Village

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Morning Snow and Archivaria

I finally joined the ACA and got my very own beautiful copy of Archivaria. It's great, interesting, there is even some material that I can use for both of my major papers! Okay enough of this.

I'm up early for me and the sun isn't shining but it's bright and the snow makes everything look all clean even the cars and their dirty exhaust pipes. I've got the place to myself. Mona has her back to me, mad because this morning I shooed her away from her morning "must-clean-Martha's-face" routine. I feel good, using "I" too much but that happens when you are all alone and enjoying your own company. I am here. I am happy. I am awake. I am thirsty. I am hungry. I am going to have to go into school and work on that paper....and they say that the life of a student is magical. Hmmmm.

I'm 23 and I have yet to publish my first novel, buy a house, marry my sweetheart, land the perfect job, do a full cleaning of the apartment, come to terms with my idiosyncrasies and emerge the woman on the clamshell, the geranium in bloom on the windowsill, the butterfly, the worm afraid of drowning. Why is it that as busy as I get, the things that are sacrificed are the things that I love the most? Laying in bed reading, writing, writing, writing, writing, writing, painting, knitting, making anything, visiting with my people, my person...I've got to stop that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home